Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day

One of the aspects of homeschooling that I really like is that we don't have to make up snow days. This morning I woke up to sleet and freezing rain which quickly turned into snow. All the area schools were closed. I love how our schedule didn't have to be interrupted. We went about our normal routine and had school this morning. We had a delicious hot chocolate treat and had snow ice cream for dessert after lunch. Then the kids built houses out of boxes and blankets. They played outside for a little while, but it was bitter cold and the wind was blowing so they didn't last long. It was such a treat to have Josh home today too. He got to see some of what we do every day and Seth was just thrilled that he got to show him how well he is doing in school. For dinner I made homemade chicken soup with the stock and rotisserie chicken that I had froze in the deep freeze. I added barley instead of white rice to make it a little more healthy. The kids loved it! While I look forward to spring and warm weather, I have to say that I do enjoy a good snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment