Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A perspective on life

Please take a minute to watch this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oqb1LE4Ks

This little boy goes to my church and has an inoperable brain tumor. The doctors have given him about 6 months left. He is returning tonight from a Make A Wish trip to Disney World. He has 4 brothers and sisters. He has lost movement on his left side and his eyesight, hearing, speech, and swallowing are affected. He has told people to stop praying that he will get well. He is ready for Heaven.

Meanwhile, I sit here and am slightly annoyed by my kids running all around the house being loud. What would Johnny's parents give to see him run around like my kids?

As a parent, I have no idea how I would handle having a child with a terminal brain tumor. I can't wrap my head around it. The only answer would be my faith. Johnny and his parents have had such an incredible faith through all of this. Johnny knows that he is going to heaven to be with Jesus.

Thinking about things like having a child with a brain tumor certainly make me more thankful and give me a different perspective on my life when my kids wear me out. I am very thankful to have a healthy family.

Johnny loves getting email. If you would like to send him one, his email address is johnny.the.brave.5@gmail.com. Now go give your kids a hug and tell them that you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment